Act meaning in HindiAct is a english word.
Act Meaning in Hindi (हिंदी में मतलब)
act = कार्य
- Usage: He did his act three times every evening.
act = नाटक का अंग
- Usage: The murder of the King takes place in the first act itself.
act = अधिनियम
- Usage: Parliament has passed an act which makes such sports illegal.
act = काम करना
- Usage: Many people can speak but only few can act.
act = अभिनय करना
- Usage: She has acted in low budget movies.
Act Meaning in Detail
act (noun) = a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
Synonyms: act, enactment
act (noun) = something that people do or cause to happen
Synonyms: act, deed, human_action, human_activity
act (noun) = a subdivision of a play or opera or ballet
act (noun) = a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program
Synonyms: act, routine, number, turn, bit
- Usage: he did his act three times every evening
- Usage: she had a catchy little routine
- Usage: it was one of the best numbers he ever did
act (noun) = a manifestation of insincerity
- Usage: he put on quite an act for her benefit
act (verb) = perform an action, or work out or perform (an action)
Synonyms: act, move
- Usage: think before you act
- Usage: We must move quickly
- Usage: The governor should act on the new energy bill
- Usage: The nanny acted quickly by grabbing the toddler and covering him with a wet towel
act (verb) = behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself
Synonyms: act, behave, do
- Usage: You should act like an adult
- Usage: Don't behave like a fool
- Usage: What makes her do this way?
- Usage: The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people
act (verb) = play a role or part
Synonyms: act, play, represent
- Usage: Gielgud played Hamlet
- Usage: She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role
- Usage: She played the servant to her husband's master
act (verb) = discharge one's duties
- Usage: She acts as the chair
- Usage: In what capacity are you acting?
act (verb) = pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind
Synonyms: act, play, act_as
- Usage: He acted the idiot
- Usage: She plays deaf when the news are bad
act (verb) = be suitable for theatrical performance
- Usage: This scene acts well
act (verb) = have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected
Synonyms: work, act
- Usage: The voting process doesn't work as well as people thought
- Usage: How does your idea work in practice?
- Usage: This method doesn't work
- Usage: The breaks of my new car act quickly
- Usage: The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water
act (verb) = be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure
act (verb) = behave unnaturally or affectedly
Synonyms: dissemble, pretend, act
- Usage: She's just acting
act (verb) = perform on a stage or theater
Synonyms: act, play, roleplay, playact
- Usage: She acts in this play
- Usage: He acted in `Julius Caesar'
- Usage: I played in `A Christmas Carol'
- perched meaning in Hindi
- noiseless meaning in Hindi
- ravel meaning in Hindi
- unreservedly meaning in Hindi
- belch meaning in Hindi
- vocative meaning in Hindi
- pecuniary meaning in Hindi
- flip_flop meaning in Hindi
- jiggered meaning in Hindi
- acquiescent meaning in Hindi
- fearless meaning in Hindi
- deep-set meaning in Hindi
- convention meaning in Hindi
- chariot meaning in Hindi
- hard-disk meaning in Hindi