Keep meaning in HindiKeep is a english word.
Keep Meaning in Hindi (हिंदी में मतलब)
keep = रख
keep = निर्वाह
- Usage: He has to earn his keep.
keep = देखरेख
- Usage: Children live in their parent's keep.
keep = रख़ैल
- Usage: She was his keep.
keep = रहना/ज़ारी रखना
- Usage: When a child learns walking, he keeps walking.
- Usage: You have to keep trying till you get solution for your problem.
keep = रखना
- Usage: He keeps his books well arranged.
keep = हिसाब रखना
- Usage: Keep a diary.
- Usage: Keep accounts.
keep = निभाना
- Usage: Keep appointment.
- Usage: Keep treaty.
- Usage: Keep bargain.
keep = निर्वाह करना
- Usage: He earns enough to keep himself and his family.
keep = तबियत होना
- Usage: How are you keeping?
- Usage: He is keeping well.
Keep Meaning in Detail
keep (noun) = the financial means whereby one lives
Synonyms: support, keep, livelihood, living, bread_and_butter, sustenance
- Usage: each child was expected to pay for their keep
- Usage: he applied to the state for support
- Usage: he could no longer earn his own livelihood
keep (noun) = the main tower within the walls of a medieval castle or fortress
Synonyms: keep, donjon, dungeon
keep (noun) = a cell in a jail or prison
Synonyms: hold, keep
keep (verb) = keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., "keep clean"
Synonyms: keep, maintain, hold
- Usage: hold in place
- Usage: She always held herself as a lady
- Usage: The students keep me on my toes
keep (verb) = continue a certain state, condition, or activity
Synonyms: continue, go_on, proceed, go_along, keep
- Usage: Keep on working!
- Usage: We continued to work into the night
- Usage: Keep smiling
- Usage: We went on working until well past midnight
keep (verb) = retain possession of
Synonyms: keep, hold_on
- Usage: Can I keep my old stuffed animals?
- Usage: She kept her maiden name after she married
keep (verb) = stop (someone or something) from doing something or being in a certain state
Synonyms: prevent, keep
- Usage: We must prevent the cancer from spreading
- Usage: His snoring kept me from falling asleep
- Usage: Keep the child from eating the marbles
keep (verb) = conform one's action or practice to
Synonyms: observe, keep
- Usage: keep appointments
- Usage: she never keeps her promises
- Usage: We kept to the original conditions of the contract
keep (verb) = stick to correctly or closely
Synonyms: observe, keep, maintain
- Usage: The pianist kept time with the metronome
- Usage: keep count
- Usage: I cannot keep track of all my employees
keep (verb) = look after; be the keeper of; have charge of
- Usage: He keeps the shop when I am gone
keep (verb) = maintain by writing regular records
Synonyms: keep, maintain
- Usage: keep a diary
- Usage: maintain a record
- Usage: keep notes
keep (verb) = supply with room and board
- Usage: He is keeping three women in the guest cottage
- Usage: keep boarders
keep (verb) = allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature
Synonyms: retain, continue, keep, keep_on
- Usage: We cannot continue several servants any longer
- Usage: She retains a lawyer
- Usage: The family's fortune waned and they could not keep their household staff
- Usage: Our grant has run out and we cannot keep you on
- Usage: We kept the work going as long as we could
- Usage: She retained her composure
- Usage: this garment retains its shape even after many washings
keep (verb) = supply with necessities and support
Synonyms: sustain, keep, maintain
- Usage: She alone sustained her family
- Usage: The money will sustain our good cause
- Usage: There's little to earn and many to keep
keep (verb) = fail to spoil or rot
Synonyms: keep, stay_fresh
- Usage: These potatoes keep for a long time
keep (verb) = behave as expected during of holidays or rites
Synonyms: observe, celebrate, keep
- Usage: Keep the commandments
- Usage: celebrate Christmas
- Usage: Observe Yom Kippur
keep (verb) = keep under control; keep in check
Synonyms: restrain, keep, keep_back, hold_back
- Usage: suppress a smile
- Usage: Keep your temper
- Usage: keep your cool
keep (verb) = maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger
Synonyms: keep, preserve
- Usage: May God keep you
keep (verb) = raise
- Usage: She keeps a few chickens in the yard
- Usage: he keeps bees
keep (verb) = retain rights to
Synonyms: keep_open, hold_open, keep, save
- Usage: keep my job for me while I give birth
- Usage: keep my seat, please
- Usage: keep open the possibility of a merger
keep (verb) = store or keep customarily
- Usage: Where do you keep your gardening tools?
keep (verb) = have as a supply
- Usage: I always keep batteries in the freezer
- Usage: keep food for a week in the pantry
- Usage: She keeps a sixpack and a week's worth of supplies in the refrigerator
keep (verb) = maintain for use and service
Synonyms: keep, maintain
- Usage: I keep a car in the countryside
- Usage: She keeps an apartment in Paris for her shopping trips
keep (verb) = hold and prevent from leaving
- Usage: The student was kept after school
keep (verb) = prevent (food) from rotting
Synonyms: preserve, keep
- Usage: preserved meats
- Usage: keep potatoes fresh
- major meaning in Hindi
- appreciate meaning in Hindi
- flea_bite meaning in Hindi
- vintner meaning in Hindi
- hemp meaning in Hindi
- vindicate meaning in Hindi
- malady meaning in Hindi
- kamikaze meaning in Hindi
- regiment meaning in Hindi
- contingent meaning in Hindi
- narrator meaning in Hindi
- glacial meaning in Hindi
- hopelessly meaning in Hindi
- deftly meaning in Hindi
- psychiatry meaning in Hindi