Rest meaning in HindiRest is a english word.
Rest Meaning in Hindi (हिंदी में मतलब)
rest = विश्राम
- Usage: Sunday is a day of rest for many.
rest = टेक/सहारा
- Usage: An arm rest.
- Usage: A rest for a telephone receiver.
rest = विराम
- Usage: The trumpets have six bar's rest.
rest = गतिहीन
- Usage: The football is lying at rest in the field.
rest = दफनाना
- Usage: The king was laid to rest beside her late Queen.
rest = शेष
- Usage: Eat what you wish and leave the rest.
- Usage: He did the rest of the work.
rest = आराम करना
- Usage: He is tired and he is resting now.
rest = शान्ति प्रदान करना
- Usage: May her soul rest in peace.
rest = टेक पर रखना
- Usage: He rested his head on a pillow.
rest = सुस्ताना
- Usage: I will never rest until I know the truth.
rest = किसी पर निर्भर रहना
- Usage: India's hope of a gold medal rested on P.T.Usha.
rest = घूर कर देखना
- Usage: His eys rested on her face.
rest = कार्यवाही छोड़ देना
- Usage: Let the Bofors case rest.
- Usage: I rest my case.
rest = खेत खाली छोड़ देना
- Usage: Let this field rest for a year.
Rest Meaning in Detail
rest (noun) = something left after other parts have been taken away
Synonyms: remainder, balance, residual, residue, residuum, rest
- Usage: there was no remainder
- Usage: he threw away the rest
- Usage: he took what he wanted and I got the balance
rest (noun) = freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility)
Synonyms: rest, ease, repose, relaxation
- Usage: took his repose by the swimming pool
rest (noun) = a pause for relaxation
Synonyms: respite, rest, relief, rest_period
- Usage: people actually accomplish more when they take time for short rests
rest (noun) = a state of inaction
- Usage: a body will continue in a state of rest until acted upon
rest (noun) = euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb)
Synonyms: rest, eternal_rest, sleep, eternal_sleep, quietus
- Usage: she was laid to rest beside her husband
- Usage: they had to put their family pet to sleep
rest (noun) = a support on which things can be put
- Usage: the gun was steadied on a special rest
rest (noun) = a musical notation indicating a silence of a specified duration
rest (verb) = not move; be in a resting position
rest (verb) = take a short break from one's activities in order to relax
Synonyms: rest, breathe, catch_one's_breath, take_a_breather
rest (verb) = give a rest to
- Usage: He rested his bad leg
- Usage: Rest the dogs for a moment
rest (verb) = have a place in relation to something else
Synonyms: lie, rest
- Usage: The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West
- Usage: The responsibility rests with the Allies
rest (verb) = be at rest
rest (verb) = stay the same; remain in a certain state
Synonyms: stay, remain, rest
- Usage: The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it
- Usage: rest assured
- Usage: stay alone
- Usage: He remained unmoved by her tears
- Usage: The bad weather continued for another week
rest (verb) = be inherent or innate in;
Synonyms: rest, reside, repose
rest (verb) = put something in a resting position, as for support or steadying
- Usage: Rest your head on my shoulder
rest (verb) = sit, as on a branch
Synonyms: perch, roost, rest
- Usage: The birds perched high in the tree
rest (verb) = rest on or as if on a pillow
Synonyms: pillow, rest
- Usage: pillow your head
rest (verb) = be inactive, refrain from acting
- Usage: The committee is resting over the summer
- toothbrush meaning in Hindi
- mesa meaning in Hindi
- turn_away meaning in Hindi
- twenty meaning in Hindi
- fry meaning in Hindi
- collector meaning in Hindi
- pheasant meaning in Hindi
- maim meaning in Hindi
- bugle meaning in Hindi
- seductively meaning in Hindi
- tribalism meaning in Hindi
- notepad meaning in Hindi
- fizzle meaning in Hindi
- scrape meaning in Hindi
- incest meaning in Hindi